A delicious and very quick-to-prepare concoction of Mexican flavours to boost your post workout recovery as well as your immune system. We like this with either fried or scrambled eggs.
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 10 minutes
Equipment needed: non-stick frying pan, chopping board and sharp knife
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 200g chorizo sausage, outer skin removed, sliced into fairly thin rounds
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed, sliced thinly
- 8 large, free-range eggs
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 fresh green chillies, seeds removed and very finely sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- A few baby tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ gas mark 4. Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm in the oven for a few minutes.
- Gently sauté the chorizo slices in a non-stick frying pan for a couple of minutes on each side (you won’t need oil; the chorizo will crisp up in its own fat).
- Add the red pepper and sauté for a further 2 minutes. Transfer the chorizo and red pepper to a warmed plate with a slotted spoon. Leave the excess ooil in the pan to cook the eggs in.
- Over a medium heat, either fry the eggs individually as in the photo, or prepare scrambled eggs; crack the eggs into a bowl and lightly beat with a little salt and pepper, pour into the pan, gently stir until the eggs start to thicken and become creamy, then remove from the heat.
- Place each tortilla on a plate and arrange the chorizo, red pepper, spring onion, chillies, eggs and coriander on top. Decorate with the tomatoes and avocado.